Biofilms are groups of microorganisms attached to surfaces which produce a number of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) that protect them from adverse environmental conditions.
EPS make microorganisms resistant and form a barrier against conventional cleaning and disinfection procedures, making it more difficult to remove the biofilm. Biofilms easily develop in hydrated environments, with a source of carbon and nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, among others.
ITRAM HIGIENE has developed BioFinder, an innovative solution for the detection of biofilms in open surfaces and an effective tool for hygiene monitoring.BioFinder reacts in the presence of biofilms
You can immediatelly spot any contaminated areas by a simple visual inspection just after spraying BioFinder on the facilities’ surfaces.BioFinder has been tested on the most relevant microorganisms found in the food industry.
From a microbiological standpoint of food safety: those capable of generating foodborne disease outbreaks such as Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella spp., Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Cronobacter sakazakii.
From a technological standpoint: spoilage flora that can affect food product shelf life mainly as Pseudomonas spp.
- It’s a quick and affordable technique.
- It simplifies monitoring processes in surface hygiene.
- It can treat large areas with its formula and packaging types.
- It doesn’t stain or leave residues on surfaces due to its high water solubility which aids in rinsing.
- Thanks to its simple application and response type, handling by technical staff is not required.